"In the Park" - Week #3, Cue #2
I set out to create another "Epic Orchestra" cue for my second submission to WeeklyBeats. Looks like my Muse had a different idea.
- Once I decided to "go with it" instead of trying to wrestle something else into existence, I had a lot of fun.
- I purposely tried to add the cliches in this, mainly to see if I could (i.e., the use of pizzicato, the violin runs, the arpeggiated bass notes, the "cutesy" ending).
- I only used two libraries: Cinematic Strings 2 and the Claire series from 8Dio (Oboe, Clarinet, and Bassoon).
- I meant to come back and replace the Cinematic Strings (which are ensemble) with solo strings from 8Dio's Adagio series. The feel for this should be really small and intimate and that of a small ensemble of players. However, WeeklyBeats has a strict deadline and TDJ (The Day Job) was a b*tch this week. I ran out of time.
- I really like the 8Dio stuff.
- I've never written a piece with woodwinds "in the lead". Not sure if the clarinet + oboe call and response works or is written properly from a player's perspective. If anyone out there who does play an Oboe or Clarinet cares to offer observations or tips, I'm open to them.
- I used the VSL Hybrid Reverb on the string and woodwind submix channels to glue them into a common space. I applied Ozone 5 on the master to make the mix "pop" a bit.
Soooo....on to next week's cue! The clock has started, and I have until 7:00 pm EST Sunday, January 26th to upload something.
Peace all and out!